Following is an email broadcast I sent to our local player community. Our FLGS gaming group has blossomed from barely making a single table to overflowing two and threatening three full tables. We’re excited about Season 4 and the thriving D&D community that we’ve brought together. Give it a try where you live.
The March of the Phantom Brigade is upon us!
After the conclusion of Season 3 next week we’ll keep on going right into Season 4 on Wednesday, Feb. 9th @ 5:50 PM.
Take a sneak peak at the pregenerated characters and the new player sheet layouts for them.
Better yet, roll up your very own characters using either the Heroes of the Fallen Lands or Heroes of the Forgotten Kingdom player’s books.
Or, use your DDI subscription and roll one up with the online Character Builder.
Legal Characters must be Level 1 and come from the D&D Essentials line which we have been using for Season 3 and come from one of the sources listed above.
Pre-generated characters will be provided and reserved for new players who will have first choice. If you’ve joined us for past seasons, please do your best to bring your own characters and a mini. Awesome tokens will be available to you if you don’t have a mini.
Swords & Superheroes does have a $5 purchase per night requirement. Minis, dice and these totally sweet class token sets are available in the store and are a great thing to spend your $5 on if you need ideas. These are a great accessory for your characters. They include tokens to indicate your marks, challenges, area effects, light sources and bloodied conditions. They can be marked on with a wet erase marker and are just really cool to have!
More details can be found on the Gale Force Nine online store.
New this season, Fortune Cards.
An exclusive to game stores, Fortune Cards provide a new, optional dynamic to the game. Here’s how they work:
- At the start of each encounter, shuffle your deck and draw a card.
- You can play one card per round. It requires no action to play. The rules on each card state when you can play it and what effect it has. A card takes effect just once unless it states otherwise, and you discard the card when its effect ends.
- You can have only one Fortune Card in your hand at a time. At the start of each of your turns, you can do one of the following:
- Discard the card in your hand and draw a new one.
- Draw a new card if you don’t have one in your hand.
- Keep the card that’s in your hand if you haven’t played it.
Fortune Cards, too, will be available for sale on February 9th.
This next season is going to be a lot of fun and I think you’ll see some deeper elements from Season 3 (which has also been a lot of fun). So we hope you’ll keep coming and bring a friend.
Check out my earlier post on Fortune Cards here. I’ve recently acquired a couple of packs so I am going to have a forthcoming update to the topic. Be ready Twitterverse.